Ask the Hotelier is a new series of interviews that I am launching on HotelBlogs. You probably get the idea with the title. This section will be about spending conversations on videos with hoteliers. We will cover topics like branding, social media, reputation, technology and so on.
This week I am spending some time discussing Social Media with Charles Yap, Social Media and Global Brand Communication Director at IHG (Intercontinental Hotels Group), the largest hotel group in the world with brands like Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Indigo, Holiday Inn Express and more. Charles Yap is addicted to Twitter and has grown a good solid base of followers on @hotelPRguy.
This is the first part of our interview where we cover topics like:
- how did he get the job at IHG
- how does he manage Social Media with different brands in his basket
- would the head office allow individual hotels to manage Social Media themselves
- good examples of properties managing well Social Media
- who is the right person (s) to manage Social Media at the property level
- how a brand can manage personal engagement with its audience