Ask the Hotelier is a new series of interviews that I am launching on HotelBlogs. You probably get the idea with the title. This section will be about spending conversations on videos with hoteliers. We will cover topics like branding, social media, reputation, technology and so on.
This week I am spending some time discussing Social Media with Charles Yap, Social Media and Global Brand Communication Director at IHG (Intercontinental Hotels Group), the largest hotel group in the world with brands like Holiday Inn, Intercontinental, Indigo, Holiday Inn Express and more. Charles Yap is addicted to Twitter and has grown a good solid base of followers on @hotelPRguy.
This is the second part of our interview where we cover topics like:
- how does IHG educate hotels regarding what to do with guest reviews
- guidelines regarding user generated content about their hotels
- how to respond to bad experiences shared on Social Media platforms
- is Social Media a good marketing strategy to create awareness on a hotel pre-opening
- find a good story to tell and works around it on Social Media
- where Twitter is going in your marketing mix
- how Charles is coping with Twitter as a professional account and also personal
- is blogging important to IHG PR and marketing strategy
- best examples of brands outside the hotel industry who understood how to use Social Media effectively